Friday, December 28, 2012

Puttin the "Bug" in Bah Hummbug

My husband and I are blessed with large families, so Christmas is celebrated more through out a week rather than one day.  Our celebrations began (and ended... which I will explain shortly) December 23 at his parent's beautiful home!  Aunt Brittie and her 4 boys (sorry, Jeremy, even as a grown man, you are a boy like all men) and Aunt RoRo joined us.  <Please look at The Fisk Files for one of the most honest and funniest Christmas family photos ever - I may ask my brilliant sister-in-law to submit it for my favorite cards "awkward family photos".>

My husband, Chase, has been feeling under the weather for a couple days at this point, but manages to "choke down" some tasty tenderloin and tamales.  A couple hours later, he gets a look on his mantastic, heavily-bearded face saying "sweet mother of pearl, I need a lavatory stat.  load up and lets go".  So we went.  And soon his prophesies of the stomach bug fulfilled themselves.  He quarantined himself to the leather couch for the ease of Lysol-ing it, and a few days later he emerged a new (and thinner) man. 

We celebrated a belated Christmas at his grandparents ranch - having a wonderful, most magical Christmas with tons of fun, games, catching up and thoughtful presents.  Stephen Ross got two of the cutest (they will the titled "toughest" later) spurs and much needed outfit.  I still have not learned to avoid the "yeah, I bet that bloated diaper can hold one more tee-tee" lesson.  I can do laundry in my sleep...  Even wonderful snowflakes accompanied us on the drive home, making our celebration even more magical. 



No comments:

Post a Comment