Father Glenn came over, along with the God parents (Kyle and Andy) a couple nights ago for the baptismal breakdown. After a dinner peppered with jokes that mostly went over well, it was time for the late 80's video about this wonderful sacrament. Aside from Father's jokes about not wearing a pink sweater (as the priest in the video was) and some giggles about hair and wardrobe choices, I found myself tearing up. That God finds me deserving of such a life is among the mysteries. I am beyond blessed and in awe of what I have been given.
Within 2 years, my life was become so enriched, and filled with more joy and love than I could ever have imagined. Chase and I were engaged October 30, 2010 and our son joined us October 20, 2012. Here are my two men:
Oh, tying in the title of the post... Stephen Ross' baptism will be on my birthday! I realize there are plenty of other days in December, but I wanted it on a date we would always remember. I have not talked to one person who can recall their christening date - such an important day! Fail proof, and all about me.
No comments:
Post a Comment