Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On The Night You Were Born - and other great tales

My wonderful husband braved the cold Monday to venture to our mailbox.  He brought in a surprise package from his Texas Gramma Ducky and Pop - a book.  And I love books.  Especially ones by the author, Nancy Tillman.  This gift was called "On the Night You Were Born".  My thoughtful sister-in-law, Britt, introduced me to Nancy's words at SR's baptism with "Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You".  Which brought me to tears - estrogen, perhaps?  So this is my proclamation of adoration and recommendation to get her books.



Other books I delved into when I was young were form Shel Silverstein and Dr. Suess.  I have already started stocking those on his windowsill.  Everyone out there will appreciate Silverstein's "The Giving Tree" - but beware mothers with surging hormones, as this too can induce tears.  It was not until college that I truly understood the book.  The unconditional love and sacrifice of the tree I finally saw in my parents, and anticipated harvesting on my own when I had a family.

So please please do yourself and your sweet babe a favor and invest in these books.  I hope to hear which ones have moved you and yours so I can add to our humble collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment