A good reminder from Fr. Glenn on Saturday... I consider myself a helper, while the real world would actually define me as an enabler. I focus more on the "love" part, excusing or even reasoning behavior that is unacceptable. I do this with friends, family and even strangers - like the cashier at Mc Alister's who called me a rich girl and implied money was like toilet paper for me. (Oddly, I can also be just as judgemental as her, though I try to keep it in my noggin and let it stew before I get distracted by something else).
So, from my soapbox I preach: "Love the sinner, but hate the sin". Do as I say, not as I do. If you did as I do, you would have eaten half a cheesecake and an entire 13" x 9" pan of rice krispy treats over the weekend.
Unrelated entirely, here is (of course) my SR update:
the 6 month appointment went swimmingly, oh except for the shots. Even though his daddy was holding his arms down this time, he just glared at me and then tears were a-flowin'. He is a smidge above the 50th percentile, weighing 17lb 2oz and measuring 26.5" in length. It is mind-boggling to me to think how much he has grown and developed in 6 months! From this shriveled peanut (15-20th percentile weight at birth) who barely peeped to a babbling tornado who enjoys real big boy food and his daddy's chicken drumstick bone - where has the time gone!?
 |
| He can sit propped fine, but now when he sit up on his own, he usually topples over within a few seconds. |
 |
| The main purpose of this pic is to highlight his few hairs growing in the back. |
 |
| Mum-Mums and sippy cups - totally healthy to pacify them with food, I am sure. |
Food and my baby. Some of my most favorite things. The pediatrician had told me at each previous appointment, to keep him solely on breast milk (or formula) until 6 months. And I did. At his last visit, she acted shocked that we had done it; she then said we needed to put him on solids "aggressively" so he would be on table food at 9 months. I should have asked what she meant by "aggressively". I am not pinning him down or force feeding that kid. Conveniently enough, he does not like the super pureed food or cereal. He wants a little umph in his goo. At least we have a goal insight, table food at 9 months. Got it.
No comments:
Post a Comment