Friday, March 8, 2013

Teething and Shots and Roadtrip, Oh My!

I am a bit of a gypsy.  I assume it is a dominant trait, and that Stephen Ross enjoys change and travels.  I thought I would give this attribute a test last week as we ventured across and around the Lone Star State.  I feel, though, that my experiment was flawed from the start - beginning a 12 hour drive to Rosanky should not have it's first pit stop be the pediatrician for a slew of shots.

Weighed in at 14lb 12oz after losing a little weight from this fascinating teething-induced hunger strike.  Length a 50th percentile 24.75".   Such a tough bug, he only cried for 30 seconds after the needle attacks.  The doctor spotted two grey lines as his inferior central incisors and notified me they are likely why he is a little clingier and not great eating/sleeping anymore!  Then, he had the pleasure of another 4.5 hours in the car seat to a motel in Sweetwater.  Nothing like a fever and diarrhea to mark day 2 of the road trip.  Six or 7 hours later we landed at my parent's home in the green, balmy area of Bastrop. 

He got to meet some of my friends and family, and they were too excited to see him.  My niece and nephews were especially gung-ho to hold him, change his diaper and outfit, and most precious of all: to read to him at bedtime. 
The next leg of our Tejas tour was to Azle for one of my very good and old friend's weddings.  The ceremony and reception were so beautiful, as was the bride!  It was wonderful to see some friends I grew up with, (yet managed to neglect after college).  I would post pictures, but seeing as S.R. power pooped through his outfit, he is in a stunning onesie.

Next stop: S.R.'s great-grandparents in Mesquite.  They had not seen him since Thanksgiving, when he just hit one month of age.  He is in love with my grandpa's voice and my nannie's tickles.
Buns up sleeper

Same hair do as gramps

Dang paparazzi of a mother

I love how they and their house have not changed in decades - check out the orange sheets above.
We crashed there for the night (and naps as evidenced above) before heading back to the Land of Enchantment.  Nan made her Swedish pancakes - just thought I would note that because they are the best.  Even without lingon berries, I punished them.

My mom, who was my co-pilot - ok really more the pilot - the whole trip had to fly home from Amarillo, so we stayed there the last night.  Now that I have the love of my life in my life, I have never wanted to be home more. 

Before Chase, I itched to travel - taking jobs in San Diego, places in New Mexico and all over Texas.  I sought change and hated being "home".  Now I realize what "home" really means and who he is - and I am proud to admit I am a homebody!


1 comment:

  1. such a sweet tribute to your family and your husband. your generous and inspiring nature are just two of the myriad reasons we all love you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete