Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"real women, real saints"

"Real women, real saints" is an awesome book the wonderful Sammie got for the girls in the family this year.  It is great for short attention spans like me - filled with numerous blips on blessed, venerated and saintly women.  I get a daily dose of how I should be acting, and manage to always be reading what I truly need to be reading when I open that book. 

Last week I read a heavy quote from incorruptible Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat's writings : "... Between women and God is often arranged the eternal salvation of husbands and sons... a woman cannot remain neutral in the world; she too is set for the fall and resurrection of many."

I can barely manage bringing the grocery list to the store or remembering to set the timer on food usually destined to burn.  With God's grace, I offer my best.  That quote now goes through my head when I am about to act like a brat or turn to/ in front of my boys.  It must be God's way of saving this woman, too!

Gentle mother, peaceful dove.  Teach us wisdom; teach us love.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Jo! Someone "nominated" me for a Liebster award, so I did it for you. It's silly but fun. Check out my blog if you want to participate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks for the encouraging words. You're a great writer. Love you!

      Delete
    2. Miss Britt- I do not have enough people to pass it on to! Should I still do it?

      Delete
  2. Good stuff, Jo! I read this quote a couple of weeks ago & it has stuck. I love it!

    "You have the exact qualities God knew your kids would need in a mother. So, each day, hold up your willingness and ask God to make you the best version of you that you can possibly be."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore that. Reassurance when I am staring at him wondering if what I am doing is right for him versus all the books and generous advice.

      Delete