Last week Chase's parents came to the rescue while Chase rescued me off the the emergency room. I decided I better get rid of this appendix while my insurance is still unbelievably marvelous. They snatched up my sweet little bug in the middle of the night and kept him while I recovered at the hospital. Not a grumble about why I did not go earlier that evening or manage to have the diaper bags only semi-packed - just concern and prayers. And a roast, with green chili rice, rolls and green beans. But wait, there's more: she did our laundry and grocery shopped for this discombobulated family of three.
While snuggled in my luxurious reclining hospital bed and back-opening robe, I was flooded with flowers, Edible Arrangements (best. treat. ever), candles, calls, visitors and texts. My family is the best.
I cannot count my blessings!
I would also like to use this venue to brag on my sister-in-laws, "Aunt RoRo the Magnificent". This woman ran 30 miles. In a row. On purpose. Not being threatened or chased. Honestly, there is nothing this lady cannot do. Were not related to her, I would host emotions of jealousy that this blue-eyed, blonde-haired, long-legged athlete is the epitome of a Catholic woman with outrageous intellect. And humility?!?! She did not mention this achievement, rather I hear it from my husband. If I ran to our cattle guard, I would send an email and probably photos (of me dry heaving, most likely) to everyone in my address book.
Britt, the Pioneer Woman of Union County, brought our family the most delicious pizza rolls and tortellini soup. And, she made the tastiest bran muffins. Yeah. You think "tastiest" and "bran" do not belong together, but she works miracles. Even raising her three precious and active boys, she manages to take care of this family too - and look great doing it. I have much to learn from these ladies.
Here is to a good nights sleep to all, especially this little bug... who just giggles and just rolls around in his crib for his naps and part of his bedtime.
| Caught in the act. |
Jo.Flippin.Carter.
ReplyDeletePull up contest. Right now.
Oops. You win.
Okay, let's try out for SNL? Want to?
Shucks, you win again. You always do. Goulet.
Third, everyone reading this blog, can we talk about the GORGEOUS, smile-as-big-as-Texas, tough-as-nails, contagious laughing, size-of-a-darn-toothpick-that-can-do-a-mean-floor-routine, animal loving, SAINT who keeps our whole family in stitches (not to mention herself) and my brother in line?
She is just plain tops.
LOVE YOU TONS!