Friday, March 15, 2013
Hug your Loved Ones A Little Tighter, Longer, More Often
With the recent passing of a dear teacher, cancer survivor, mother, wife, sister, friend, role model and in general a humble and marvelous woman, I find myself mourning. I selfishly mourn for my loss. For the losses of us still left here on Earth without here. I know she is due for the Kingdom and all it's glories and painless, joyful, perfect eternity of everlasting love.
I watched in awe as her grace, strength and faith grew until her last sigh. She is much missed, and I am struggling to celebrate her accomplished life. I am sure today many will wear a smile with rolling tears, and holding tightly the hands of those I still share this time with. Part of the purpose of death for us spectators is to remember what our time here is actually about.
So, I vow to kiss my parents every time I see them. To tell me husband and other loved ones "I love you" at the end of our conversations. To kiss and squeeze my baby boy a little tighter each blessed time he is in my arms. To look up to my wondrous God and give him my thanks and will not just before bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well said Jamie!!!! Love you too!!!!
ReplyDelete