Friday, January 25, 2013

Oh You Sneaky Baby, You

Routine - that pretty much describes my day, as well as my precious Stephen Ross'.  He has spoiled me, making his own routine at weeks old.  He lulled me into a comfortable place, where the unexpected was a rare visitor.  I know it is my fault to let my guard down, especially at the changing table.  S.R. senses my inattentiveness, and then promptly punishes me for it.  One of the first (on many) lessons I learned after bringing Stephen Ross home was to be vigilant at diaper changes for a strong chance of showers.  Over the last couple months, I have become lazy and lax - explaining the load of laundry and two costume changes for the both of us yesterday. 

Another amazing thing my son makes: drool.  And lots of it.  This recent development has me paranoid about teething.  I am sure my diet of cookie dough only adds to the I know it is a bit early for that milestone, but I am a paranoid first time mom.  He is not at full-time-bib status yet, but I will not be surprised if bibs are incorporated into his daily wardrobe.





Other "milestones": caught him sucking him thumb during a nap, squirms almost enough to turn over, weighed in at 14lb 6 oz this morning, still wakes once at night for a feeding, tries to stand when put on a flat surface, enjoys singing Miranda Lambert and Sugarland back to me, smiles a bunch with an almost laugh, and silently protests bedtime occasionally by staring at the ceiling fan for almost an hour before caving into the Sandman's call.

Enough about that baby.  Now, about me and my husband.  Chase is making a bit this week at a class held in the evenings.  He is so good at the craftmanship and the creativity.  I have continued my binge eating, mostly cake batter that I froze and cookie dough, and ponderings of why I still prefer maternity clothes over three months out...  The family is expecting another flock of babies this year, starting in February and a couple more in the summer!  We are so blessed to have these little ones around - and if you knew me at all until I had a child of my own, that last comment probably shocked you.  (S.R. was the first infant I ever held).  My parents are coming up in less than 2 weeks and staying for a while, until the end of February when I will ride back to Rosanky with them for one of my best friend's weddings (near Fort Worth)!

Stay tuned for tooth news! (Or a humbling lack thereof). 

1 comment:

  1. Frozen Cookie Dough... how I miss eating it with you!!! I'm sooo happy, that you write this blog and keeping us updated :-)
    Love and miss you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete