Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Vicar Vigilante

Whilst sipping cold coffee and chasing my child out of the gift wrap and "crack- ka" box, I heard another amazing confirmation of how blessed we Catholics are to have such an amazing role model and leader of the Church.  

This little note is not about bragging on his humility, living in an apartment and cooking his own meals.  Nor is doting on how awesome it is that he came from a "normal" past, graduating as a chemical technician and working as a bouncer to pay bills.  Today I jot to share my most recent finding:  Pope Francis leaves the Vatican at night, dressed in good ol' fashioned priest garb, and offers Holy Communion to the people.  

He didn't toot his own horn - the sneaky press did that.  And that, too, is a lesson to me.  Not only do I need to develop my meekness, I ought to do it discreetly. Casually mentioning I have done a good deed quickly undoes any charity I had enlisted.  (I put this in print for myself, hoping it will serve as a reminder… kind of like me writing a grocery list.)


Saint (not Pope) Francis - closest thing I had

No comments:

Post a Comment