Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Adding Loo to the Crew


Bug and I ventured to the breath-taking Pasamonte for an over due visit with Pop and Gramma.  He loves visiting them, running around eating butterscotch pudding, endless peek-a-boo and all the other good things that come from great-grandparents.  Gramma somehow gets him to eat meat!  He follows her around, then calls "Pop" and joins him in his chair for a break.  Exhausting as it is, I probably should not have let SR sleep like this:

Thunder thighs got stuck before conking out

Pop and Bug checking the stock market.  He never sits this still for me.  Ever.
Our visit came to an end, so we continued with a mission to retrieve a free Great Pyrenees - formally named "Igloo" but addressed as "Loo" by his friends and family.  I am a veterinarian.  I know what a Great Pyrenees is.  I am aware of all the fun genetic predispositions and health concerns and well as their mature size of "larger than me".  In SAT terms: veterinarian is to dog owner as principal is to mom.  I may have the book smarts and familiarity with the species, but I had yet to deal with food in/out, chewing, eating dirt etc that SR does.  Same thing goes for Loo.

Pop, Bug and Loo
He is wonderful and entertaining.  Has not had an accident in the house (meaning mudroom at night).  Listens well for less than 12 weeks of age, sitting and coming 95% of the time.  Really an exciting addition, and hopefully guardian of the wee ones and livestock.

Bug enjoying Loo with the safety of the gate

Bug offering his new pal Dr. Pepper, in addition to pens,  crackers and whatever else was in reach



No comments:

Post a Comment