Alas my sweet gypsy child, we have added another adventure to your travels: Mayhill, NM. I have lugged this poor, precious baby to Rosanky, Dallas, Amarillo, Santa Fe, Taos and Mayhill/Ruidoso.
My mom is a retired flight attendant. She infused in me that desire to travel. That thirst to see the world and experience cultures and flavors I had only read about in National Geographic (or as I have gotten older, Googled on this magnificent internet). I feel I am passing this on to Bug. That or a resentment for his carseat.
Taos with Diner and my mom in early June taught me the power of infant Tylenol and bubble gum flavored Amoxicillin. (Please, Laurie Strebeck, if you are reading this, pardon my grammatic insufficiencies). A whirlwind of food, snacks, store, food again and the Pueblo/food with a child fighting ear infections... always learning, this mom. Stephen Ross behaved so well, I did not know he was even sick until I took his temperature :103.3 read the thermometer. I am sure the vetran mothers out there are thinking, "meh". I thought "sweet mother of pearl. Urgent Care here we come"!
 |
| One sick baby. |
 |
| Our first pool adventure - and humbling reminder I do NOT fit into my college swimsuit. |
 |
| My hilarious mom, Ducky, outside the best toy store. |
 |
Twinkies, except Diner is tan.
|
Our most recent adventure occurred over the weekend of the fourth. Chase, by the generosity of his parents, got a few days off!! (They are super busy, and with four of them working everyday - to steal him away is such a blessing and treat!) Chase drove us to my grandparents, where my brother and his wonderful kids met us.
 |
| Bug watching Great Grampa cook breakfast |
 |
| About to backhand Jason for looking at his beloved banana bread... |
 |
| the remembering how he loves Jacey, and that Jacey could fetch him more banana bread. |
 |
Snacking on Court's tasty toes
|
Engulfed in family time, I did not take the photos I had hoped. We made it to the track in Ruidoso, and Chase taught his nephews how to bet the ponies. Court and I poked into a boutique and grabbed BBQ, as I proceeded to interrogate her about her approaching Aggieland move. WHOOP! Time flew, as usual, and it was time to return to the real world - our home surrounded by aspiring green grass and bucking black calves.
No comments:
Post a Comment